Join a market leader in developing software solutions for school districts across the country.
Transfinder Corporation is growing and expanding in the Capital Region.
Transfinder is continually recruiting professionals in software development, sales, and customer relations.
We are seeking top performing professionals with a love of technology, strong work ethic, excellent interpersonal and teambuilding skills, and a commitment to customer quality service.
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration.
Quality Assurance Analyst
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our growing team. Our software company needs talented people who possess strong deductive reasoning and troubleshooting skills, extreme attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity.
This position will work as a member of the QA team to develop and execute test cases as well as troubleshoot and document existing defects. This is a technical position that requires interaction with both Development and Technical Support staff and a strong understanding of databases, client/server applications and web applications. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to developing and executing both manual and automated testing efforts as well as troubleshooting existing software.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Assist in the implementation of test plans
• Provide input for the development of test plans
• Design test cases, manual and automated, for user interface, functionality, system and "ad-hoc testing"
• Execute regression tests and functional tests
• Utilize tracking system to track reported bugs, defects and enhancements
• Receive and interpret error reports from clients
• Participate in software design sessions as part of the SDLC
• Troubleshoot and provide solutions for existing software challenges
• BA/BS in Computer Sciences/Engineering or associated discipline or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of modern test methodologies
• A solid understanding of quality assurance as part of the development process
• Detail oriented and well developed analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
Preferred candidates will have experience with:
• Relational databases including SQL Server and mySQL
• SQL, T-SQL
• Test Complete or other automated testing toolset
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume.
Thank you for your interest in this position! To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document — MS Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) only. Then complete the application form and upload your document below.
* = required