Join a market leader in developing software solutions for school districts across the country.
Transfinder Corporation is growing and expanding in the Capital Region.
Transfinder is continually recruiting professionals in software development, sales, and customer relations.
We are seeking top performing professionals with a love of technology, strong work ethic, excellent interpersonal and teambuilding skills, and a commitment to customer quality service.
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration.
UI/UX Designer, Software Analyst
As a member of the Product Management team the UI/UX Designer, Software Analyst works closely with the Development and QA teams to design solutions for existing and new products. The primary responsibility is to design solutions that meet specific requirements (through a prototype and specification document), present these designs to key stakeholders, continually updating work as the project or enhancement iterates through the software development lifecycle. Additionally, they work with Product Managers as needed to elicit, identify, define, and re-define requirements.
· Rapid prototyping of design solutions for our current and future product line (client, web, and mobile applications)
· Write detailed specifications
· Plan and conduct usability testing
· Stay up to date on industry best practices, standards, and trends
· Answer employee questions regarding expected system/software behavior
· MS or BS in a design related field (Human Computer Interaction, Web Design, Computer Science)
· Must have 3-5 years experience designing software for enterprise solutions
· Must have 1-3 years designing solutions for client, mobile, and web products
· Consideration will be given to candidates with knowledge and understanding of the School Bus Transportation and Education industries, and experience with Axure
· Candidates without a portfolio will not be considered
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Strong understanding of UI/UX best practices
· Detail oriented, highly motivated and self-directed, with superior written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to design and present simple, elegant solutions that meet requirements using references to industry best practices and trends
· Ability to collect, analyze, disseminate and/or present complex, technical information
· Ability to employ card sorting, flow charts, personas, user stories, and user story mapping, where appropriate
· Effectively manage multiple, simultaneous projects
· Be open and responsive to and be able to interpret feedback, and adjust designs and work schedule appropriately for the situation (industry, best practices, data, etc.)
· Creative, resourceful, objective, forward-thinking and truly passionate about UI and UX
· Proficient in MS Office Suite
Thank you for your interest in this position! To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document — MS Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) only. Then complete the application form and upload your document below.
* = required