Transfinder Records 21st Consecutive Year of Growth
Schenectady, NY and Austin, Texas – Jan. 15, 2019 – Transfinder Corp. closed 2018 with record revenue for the 21st consecutive year. The global logistics software developer ended 2018 with $14.565 million in revenue, up 7 percent from the previous year.
Factors contributing to the record year included major product upgrades and new products that allowed Transfinder to land one of the largest school districts in North America. Transfinder is the leading routing software company in the industry.
“There are still many districts in the country using no software product at all,” said Antonio Civitella, Transfinder president and CEO. “In fact, nearly half of the new clients Transfinder landed in 2018 were considered ‘manual,’ meaning they were not using any routing software product. The others left competitors to come to us.”
“As Transfinder enters its 31st year in business, we believe there are still many school districts in North America alone that aren’t using any routing software product,” he said. “We fervently believe these districts can save time, money and possibly even lives by using our solutions.”
Civitella also believes the international market is ripe for Transfinder solutions as transportation departments in other countries look to the United States as the ‘gold standard’ for pupil transportation.
Highlights in 2018 include:
- 21st consecutive year of annual revenue growth;
- 157 new clients, including largest new client, Houston Independent School District (200,000 students, 319 schools);
- 40 trade shows in 21 states, two Canadian provinces and the UAE;
- Sponsored the Albany Empire, the Arena Football League’s newest team;
- Held its first Hack Tech Valley 24-hour hackathon at SUNY Schenectady;
- Named a Best Company to Work for in New York State (ranked No. 27);
- Acquired next door building (Subway building) for future growth;
- Onsite training days increased by 15 percent, from 139 days in 2017 to 160 days in 2018;
- Held Transfinder University “On the Road” in 16 different cities from coast to coast, up from 13 cities in 2017;
- Increased One-on-One sessions by 13 percent, from 4,311 in 2017 to 4,868 in 2018;
- Released upgrades to a number of products, including Viewfinder 4.0, Routefinder GO, Servicefinder and Cityfinder 2.0;
- Increased support hours to 7am-7pm Eastern (compared with 9am-5pm previously).
Civitella also highlighted the customer support staff who resolved 83 percent of the questions or needs clients had within 24 hours. During the busy summer months, 86 percent of the tickets were closed within 24 hours, and 94 percent of all support calls were answered by a person rather than landing in voicemail. Transfinder’s client support team closed 26,784 cases in 2018, a 16.6 percent increase over the previous year.
“Our award-winning support team continues to give our clients the care they’ve come to expect, even as the number of clients we have and solutions we implement continues to increase,” Civitella said. “Our clients and future clients need to realize that customer service is at the core of what we do. Developing cutting-edge products is vital to what we do but helping our clients get the most of these solutions is imperative in this day and age when our children’s safety is paramount.”
“Transfinder and all our teams are running on all cylinders,” Civitella said. “With the release of our most significant product in our 31-year history, the browser-based Routefinder PLUS, we expect to see a major disruption in the school transportation industry. Buckle up.”
Founded in 1988 and headquartered in Schenectady, New York, Transfinder is a national leader in intelligent transportation systems, providing transportation management systems and services to municipalities, school districts and adult care facilities. Transfinder, an Inc. magazine “fastest-growing company” for 11 consecutive years, has offices in Austin, Texas, and Shanghai, China. The software company, named a Best Place to Work and Top Workplace, develops and supports routing and scheduling solutions for optimal transportation logistics. For more information, visit www.transfinder.com.