The following statement discloses the consumer privacy practices of Transfinder for the Wayfinder App (this "App"). By using this App, you are deemed to consent to our privacy practices. If you do not consent to these privacy practices, do not use this App or download any materials from it.
We do revise and update our privacy practices from time to time and we reserve the right to do so without any notice to you so you should visit this page, at least once every thirty days, to review our then-current privacy practices because they are binding on you. All updates will be published at this App. Your continued use of this App shall be considered your consent to any revised privacy practices.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our App, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details. Information regarding your use of our services may be collected and/or aggregated through the use of automated means such as:
- Your IP address, browser information, operating system
- When and how you accessed our services including any referring website information
- Your ISP or mobile carrier and information about the mobile device you use
- Device location data including latitude/longitude, GPS location data, location derived from an IP address, or data that indicates a city or postal code.
We may also collect data about the device you’re using to access our App. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
We may collect personal information, such as your students’:
- Telephone Number
- Residence Address
- School Information
Transfinder may collect personal information from the individual themselves and/or from the school district for which Transfinder is providing its services.
As a condition to being allowed to download trial or evaluation software from this App, you may be asked for your consent to be contacted from time to time by us and/or one of our affiliates, representatives or partners, by either email, postal mail, telephone and/or facsimile, to provide you with the information about other products and/or services offered by Transfinder or its affiliates or partners that we or they think may be of interest to you.
Transfinder provides a number of ways for you to "opt-out" of receiving certain additional information from us or having us provide personal information to our partners. We may offer you these choices at the time you give us your information. However, the availability of certain offers and services such as downloading trial or evaluation software may be conditioned upon your agreement to permit Transfinder or our business partners to contact you, in which case, notice of any such condition will appear on this App.
Personal data privacy is a new and evolving area, and mistakes and miscommunication are possible. We will do our best to maintain the accuracy of all collected personal information.
Business data refers to data that accumulates over the normal course of operation on our platform. This may include transaction records, stored files, user profiles, analytics data and other metrics, as well as other types of information, created or generated, as users interact with our services.
Location and route information is collected for example in the form of GPS signals, IP address and other information from sensors and receivers on or around your device on which the App is installed and activated. This location and route information is saved to a route history of all of the journeys you have made while using the App.
USE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Transfinder may use the information collected or provided for the following purposes:
- To provide navigation and route services;
- To assist drivers in the completion of all pick-ups, drop-offs and routes;
- Recording attendance and sharing such attendance to authorized customers of Transfinder’s services;
- To facilitate the proper provision of other Transfinder products and services including, but not limited to, Routefinder, Viewfinder, Tripfinder, Stopfinder, Infofinder, and Servicefinder;
- To send updates, notices, announcements, users’ requests and additional information related to the App;
- To ensure Wayfinder’s services are working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting issues;
- To contact you when Transfinder believes it to be necessary;
- To comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when Transfinder has a good faith belief that Transfinder’s cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards and procedures;
- To detect abuse and illegal activity; to detect and prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse;
- To handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
Transfinder does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties.
Transfinder will not share personal information with others except for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in Transfinder’s good-faith discretion:
- As necessary for the facilitation and operation of the Transfinder’s services related to the Wayfinder App, and to other Transfinder products and services including, but not limited to, Routefinder, Viewfinder, Tripfinder, Stopfinder, Infofinder, and Servicefinder;
- If Transfinder is required, or reasonably believes that it is required by law to share or disclose such information;
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and Transfinder, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the App;
- In any case where Transfinder reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Transfinder, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law, including to prevent imminent physical damage or damage to property;
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- To collect, store, hold and manage personal information through cloud based or hosting services or a third party or a party affiliated or connected to Transfinder, as reasonable for business purposes;
- Transfinder may also share personal information with companies or organizations connected or affiliated with Transfinder, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies.
When you register with this App, you will be provided a password that will allow you to access this App. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information and password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your password, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND APPS
At this App, there may be links to companies with whom we have a relationship. Transfinder is not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners. We encourage you to read their privacy statements, as they may differ from ours.
Please remember that any information you submit in a chat group or forum will be deemed public information and is not confidential. There is a risk in such communication venues that information can be collected and used by others. Please be careful and responsible when you are online.
Questions regarding this Privacy Statement should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.